THE PERSON BEHIND THE JOB

In view to attract more investors, the Cambodia Securities Exchange (CSX) launched a new website and a new app for investors and the public at large to understand better the stock market in the kingdom.

 

The website’s address is phsarhun.com and the app’s name is PhsarHun.

 

“The stock exchange website and app include essential information about listed companies, stock quotes and instant facts, electronic books, hot news and articles, as well as a chat room to discuss stock market related issues,” said Hong Sokhour, CEO of the CSX.

 

In the same way, Mr. Hean Sahip, Secretary of State at the Ministry of Economy and Finance (MEF), said that the new website and app will help CSX to disseminate information about the Cambodian Stock Exchange to potential investors a lot easier.

 

Moderate Growth for Listed Companies

 

CSX was founded by the Royal Government of Cambodian (RGC) in close cooperation with the Korean Exchange, a well-known securities exchange operator from the Republic of Korea. CSX is a public enterprise where RGC owns 55 percent of shareholding, and the Korean Exchange owns the remaining 45 percent of shareholding.

 

So far, a number of companies were already listed on CSX. The last company to be listed on the bourse was the Sihanoukville Autonomous Port (PAS). The other listed companies are Phnom Penh Special Economic Zone Plc. (PPSP), Phnom Penh Autonomous Port (PPAP), Grand Twins International (Cambodia) Plc (GTI), and the state-owned Phnom Penh Water Supply Authority (PWSA).

 

Following the financial statements filed by those companies to the CSX, their business was slow in 2017.As for the PWSA, its total revenue saw an increase of 16.8 percent or $58.1 million. This fact made PWSA's

net profit drop by 32.3 percent to $5 million.

 

Whereas the PPAP, another state-owned company, saw a gain in revenue of 15.4 percent totaling to $18.8 million. It means that its net profit increased by 30.9 percent to $5.3 million. In contrast, PAS’s net profit decreased to $6.1 million, or 5.9 percent of decline.

 

Despite an increase in the number of containers arriving at the port, PAS still kept losing its net profit. Regarding this loss, a port representative explained that the decline was the result of the depreciation of the Japanese Yen against the US dollar, and several funds to expand the port’s facilities were the kind of loans provided by the government of Japan.

 

The financial statements added that the PPSP’s total revenue declined by 4.5 percent to $8.7 million.

However, PPSP’s net profit increased by 46 percent, reaching $2.2 million.

advertisers

QUICK LINKS

HOME

FINANCE

LEGAL

PROFILE

CONTACT US

HEAD OFFICE

Address: No. 19, Street 90, Sangkat

Sras Chork, Khan Daun Penh, Phnom Penh, Kingdom of Cambodia.

Tel: +855 (068) 33 22 88

Email: info@BankMFICambodia.com

Website: www.BankMFICambodia.com

SOCIAL NETWORK

© Copyright 2016 BankMFICambodia. All Right Reserved | Designed & Hosted by: Imprint Cambodia Co, Ltd.

Hotline Number: +855 (068) 33 22 88